Yesterday was my birthday and in an effort to allow y’all to get to know me better, I would like to share 29 facts about me.
1. I am a middle child.
2. My favorite colors are pink, orange, and yellow.
3. I was born in Washington D.C.
4. I have a calendar dedicated solely for the shows that I watch (Yes, I know that I have a problem).
5. I’m not the biggest fan of chocolate candies – don’t get me wrong, I’ll eat them if necessary- as I prefer sweet candies (i.e., Starburst, Skittles, Sour Patch Kids, etc.).
6. For some reason, people have a hard time pronouncing my name, even though it’s pronounced the way it’s spelled (can-dra). I’ve gotten everything from Cassandra to Kendra.
7. I’ve never had a pet. As I get older, I’m getting the itch to get a puppy.
8. The number 8 is my favorite number.
9. I’ve never traveled out of the country (I’m trying to change this asaputally!)
10. I hate coffee but love Starbucks (I know weird right?). When I go, I usually get the sweet drinks and ask the barista to not add the shot.
11. My go-to cocktail is a gin and tonic.
12. I hate the taste and texture of coconut but love the scent in fragrances, candles, soap, etc.
13. Albanese Gummi Bears are my favorite and the best gummy bears on planet Earth. Period. End of Discussion.
14. I am Liberian (my mom and dad and most of my extended family were born and raised in Liberia).
15. I’ve ran 5 half marathons. I try to run 2 a year.
16. I learned how to play the Flute in school. On occasion, I pull it out and dust it off when I get the urge to play something.
17. My brother and I learned German in school. While we’re not fluent, we still speak/text in German.
18. I was a competitive gymnast and I have the injuries to show (i.e., knee injuries, pulled groin muscles, etc.).
19. I discovered that I can curl my tongue like a three leaf clover in 6th grade.
20. I have moles on my face that I refer to as my freckles (or breckles-black people freckles).
21. I don’t wear much makeup because I really don’t know how (:\). I mostly fill in my brows and wear lipstick. My goal is to learn how to do my makeup before I turn 30.
22. My middle name is longer than my first and last name.
23. In that same vein, my first and last names both have only 6 letters.
24. Last November was my first time going to Disney World
25. I scare very easily therefore I don’t watch scary movies or television shows.
26. My favorite vegetables are peas!
27. I am very awkward. Like, all of the time.
28. All the styles that you’ve seen in my hair, I did myself. Doing my own hair is a blessing and a curse. Blessing because I don’t have to pay a ton for it to get done. It’s also a curse- well, more annoying than a curse- because if I don’t do it, it doesn’t get done.
29. I’ve never dyed my hair.
That’s it! Thanks for all the love and support you have shown me!
As always, Thanks for stopping by!